Walking Holidays in Bournemouth
Walking in Dorset is a pleasure, Hotel Collingwood has been welcoming all types of walking groups for many years. There are countless beautiful walks right on our doorstep from the flat promenade with its breathtakingly stunning views out to sea, to the more adventurous trails over the Isle of Purbeck. Further afield there is the magical New Forest with unspoiled heathland and ancient forests to explore.
What's included in our Walking breaks?
- Elegantly appointed bedrooms all with en-suite including twin, single and easy access rooms.
- Delicious breakfast and sumptuous 3 course meal each evening.
- Great evening entertainment most evenings.
- Unlimited use of our leisure facilities including heated indoor swimming pool, Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room.
- Fantastic location just 5-minutes walk to the beach, sea front and town centre.
- Warm and welcoming atmosphere.
- Special reduced rates for groups of over 20.
- Ample parking for cars, coaches and mini buses.
Some of our favourite Dorset walks
Bournemouth promenade & shoreline
Hotel Collingwood is just a 5 minute from Bournemouth’s 7 miles of sandy beaches and flat promenade. This delightful walk is perfect for those who prefer a flat, undulating terrain with stunning views whichever direction you choose to go!
To the East, you can catch glimpses of the Solent and Isle of Wight, and to the West, you can enjoy uninterrupted views of the Isle of Purbeck.
Durdle door walking
Walking along the Jurassic coast is not something to be missed whilst visiting Dorset. This dramatic yet stunning coastline stretches from Dorset all the way to East Devon. Our favourite section is the walk from Lulworth Cove to Durdle Door for its simply stunning coastal views.
Lulworth Cove is also well worth a visit, a natural cove of azure waters on a base of pure white pebbles with a multitude of delicious restaurants and pubs offering locally sourced seafood in a charming coastal setting.
Contact us on 01202 557 575 or send us a message.