Family Hotel in Bournemouth
At Hotel Collingwood, we consider your family as part of ours. As a family-owned hotel, our considerations are made with families in mind. We have child friendly menus and allow flexibility for our young guests. We have family rooms and family suites, giving you spacious accommodation and extra beds for children.
We offer all day, family friendly dining with children’s menus and bar menu throughout the day or you can have food served in the comfort of your own room. You'll look forward to bedtime with warm cookies and milk for our young guests. At Hotel Collingwood it’s all for fun and fun for all.
Bring the Family
There is so much to do for kids, of all ages. With a location that is just a 5-minute walk from all the action, there are more things to do than you could wish for! You'll have choices from the pier, beaches, gardens, restaurants, and shops, or travel further afield and explore all that Dorset coast has to offer.
Family things to do in Bournemouth & Poole
We were delighted to welcome the Tinbox Traveller family and their furry companion to our hotel. For more ideas on things to do down on the coast, Tinbox Traveller's blog has an in-depth summary about their Bournemouth and Poole adventures, with Hotel Collingwood as their base.
kids eat free
If you’re bringing children under 12 to dinner with you , they can enjoy their meal from our kids menu for free!* Designed to please the smallest of appetites.
*Kids Eat Free Terms – One child per paying adult. Under 12’s only. Free meals do not include items from the main menu.
"Remember when mum and dad took us to the Collingwood?"
- Be a strawberry farmer for the day
- Go paddling in the sea
- Enjoy an ice-cream on a pier
- Ride on the top deck of a tour bus
- See how high you can fly a kite
- Go rock pooling
- Build a sandcastle bigger than you
- Get competitive at Smugglers Cove’s crazy golf
- Become an artist at the Russell-Coates museum
- Have a picnic on the beach
- Go on a land train adventure
- Be King or Queen of the castle at Corfe Castle
- Sing along at a theatre show
- Eat cakes at afternoon tea
- Sing and dance the night away in the Bubble Lounge
- Splash about in our Swimming Pool
- Ride in a tractor at Farmer Palmers