Cycling Holidays in Bournemouth
Whether you’re a keen road cyclist, off-road adrenaline seeker or love an amble along the promenade, our cycling holidays are perfect for a short or longer break in Dorset.
Hotel Collingwood’s prime location in the heart of Bournemouth makes us the perfect base to explore all the jewels and hidden gems within our beautiful county.
To keep your bikes safe we have a large, secure cycle store at the hotel, alternatively, hire a bike from the many bike rental stores on our doorstep.
From 3 December, Bournemouth will be placed under Tier 2 restrictions, which means that only groups of people from the same household or support bubble can visit us for dining or accommodation stays. Learn more about what Tier 2 restrictions mean, or contact our reception team if you have any questions.
What's included in our cycling holidays?
- Elegantly appointed bedrooms all with en-suite including twin, single and easy access rooms.
- Delicious breakfast and sumptuous 3 course meal each evening.
- Great evening entertainment most evenings.
- Unlimited use of our leisure facilities including heated indoor swimming pool, Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room.
- Fantastic location just 5-minutes walk to the beach, sea front and town centre.
- Warm and welcoming atmosphere.
- Special reduced rates for groups of over 20.
- Ample parking for cars, coaches and mini buses.
- Secure cycle store onsite.
Some of our favourite cycle routes for all abilities
Bournemouth promenade cycling
Starting at the luxurious resort of sandbanks stretching to the picturesque Hengistbury Head, Bournemouth and Poole enjoy miles of undulating flat promenades perfect for cycling along at your leisure.
With numerous cafes, bars and restaurant dotted along the way, pit stops have never been more comfortable.
Pick up a map at our reception desk to see the full route.
Isle of Purbeck Cycle routes
For those who prefer more of a challenge, the Isle of Purbeck offers a variety of routes; some more exhilarating than others but all with magnificent views of our stunning coastline or picturesque countryside.Contact us for more information
Cycling holidays in the new forest
The New Forest is a magical place to explore on 2 wheels, with nearly 200,000 acres to explore boasting breathtakingly beautiful views across the coast, heathlands and ancient woodlands. There are more than enough varied routes to choose from differing in length, terrain and difficulty. There are plenty of wide gravel paths and quiet country lanes as well as more daring off-piste tracks!
Hotel Collingwood is just a 30 minute drive to the New Forest.