Book with Confidence
What we’re doing to protect you and ourselves.
Firstly, we would like to sincerely thank you all for your unending support – our teams have loved welcoming you back and seeing you safely enjoying time with loved ones, escaping for some much-needed R&R and easing gently back into life as we once knew it! We want to reassure you that we have put measures in place to keep you and our teams safe so that you can confidently enjoy a stay with us. We will be using Hotel Collingwood’s 6 safety steps in all areas of the operation.
The safety of our guests and team is still very much our top priority, and whilst we are still operating by the Collingwood 6 safety steps and ensuring our Food and Beverage team wear face coverings, we have equipped all of our team with face visors and face masks. We hugely appreciate your efforts to support our safety measures, by keeping your distance, wearing face coverings and using hand santiser at every opportunity – by working at this together we can all play our part in creating a safe and welcoming environment.
Following the Government’s recent announcement, from Monday 14th September we will no longer be taking bookings of more than 6 people. You can now be from multiple households or one household but 6 is the magic number, and we will be sticking to this – we are sorry if your household or support bubble is over this number but as per the guidelines, we will only be taking a maximum of 6 people for a booking until further notice.
Thank you too for all of your positive feedback on the measures that we have put in place to keep our guests and team safe. We will continue to monitor and regulate this framework as more guidance is released, so please check back often to stay updated on what to expect during your stay.
We can’t wait to welcome you back to Hotel Collingwood.
Hotel Collingwood’s 6 safety steps
- Carrying out Risk Assessments & Staff Training.
- Adhering to Government Guidelines for physical distancing.
- Continuing with our stringent hygiene measures, including the use of sanitiser to clean all bedrooms between guests and public areas regularly.
- Providing hand sanitiser for staff & guests at every possible opportunity.
- Minimising contact between staff & guests at every possible opportunity.
- Face coverings/ Masks are required for guests in oublic spaces and for staff where physical distancing is not possible.
If you have any further questions about our safety measures, booking a table or room over the autumn, contact us.
1.0 FLEXIBLE BOOKINGS
To give our guests confidence to book, we have introduced flexible cancellation and modification terms to our various rates:
Best Available Rate
Cancel up to 48 hours prior to arrival. After this time, the booking will be non-refundable.
Advance Purchase Rate & Special Offers
This is a ‘Prepay & Save’ rate allowing you to cancel or change up to 28 days before you arrive and change your stay date up to 48 hours prior to arrival.
Dinner Bed & Breakfast Packages
A deposit of £50 per person is payable at the time of booking, the remainder is payable on departure. This rate allows you to cancel or change up to 48 hours prior to arrival, however, the deposit is non-refundable.
1.3 Additional peace of mind
Concerned about a second lockdown?
Our terms & conditions are clear. If we are required to temporarily close the hotel for any reason, your booking is safe. We will work with you to modify your stay dates to another time of your choosing, no matter which rate you booked on or how soon you were due to visit. If the new dates are on sale at a lower rate, we will refund the difference; and if they are at a higher rate, we will request you to make a top-up payment. Where new dates cannot be agreed, we will refund the full value of your cancelled stay.
We recommend you take out travel insurance prior to making a booking. Depending on the specific terms of your insurance this should cover you in the event of a cancellation after our free period has elapsed.
2.0 DURING YOUR STAY
We have implemented a range of new measures that will enable our team to deliver the excellent service and experience you would expect whilst adhering to guidelines to ensure the safety and comfort of our guests.
Complying with COVID-19 protocol, we ask that guests wear a face mask in public areas of the hotel to protect both themselves and others. Additionally, we request that guests dispose of their face coverings in the bins provided.
Our partner, Best Western, has created an informative video sharing their cleanliness and safety standards in more detail. Scroll down to learn more.
3.0 ENHANCED CLEANING PROGRAM & TEAM PROCEDURES
We have reviewed our standard procedures for team hygiene and daily cleaning procedures to meet new guidelines.
- All indoor areas such as entrance lobbies, corridors and staircases, elevators, meeting rooms, restaurants and back offices are cleaned with a disinfectant with 1% sodium hypochlorite or phenolic disinfectants twice daily.
- For metallic surfaces like door handles, security locks and keys, a 70% alcohol is used.
- Paper, envelopes and all equipment sanitized.
- Wipes for guest use are available to clean phones or credit cards.
- Sanitizers are provided at regular intervals throughout the public areas for team and guest use.
- Back office team members are facilitated to work from home wherever possible and socially distanced when on site.
- The kitchen brigade wears disposable masks, gloves and hairnets at all times.
- Extra checks and practices are in place to ensure the proper cleaning of food, tools and utensils.
- Regular training sessions are held to ensure all team members are operating under these new procedures and fully aware of upgraded hygiene standards.
- All employee temperatures are checked prior to commencing a shift.