Book with Confidence
What we’re doing to protect you and ourselves.
Our team have spent lots of time innovating, creating, maintaining, improving and adapting to keep you and them safe, so that your break with us is as relaxing as possible. And boy, don’t we all need a bit of rest & relaxation right now.
Scroll down for the most recent updates relating to bookings and dining at Hotel Collingwood.
Looking ahead to brighter and happier times, the wellbeing of our guests and our team remains our absolute priority – and we will, of course, keep our measures and precautions in place until at least 21st June ’21 to help keep you and your loved ones safe.
*Please note: our processes and precautions will be under constant review, and this guide will be constantly updated to give you the very latest information. We will, of course, always comply with all government regulations - and more.
The following rules apply:
You will be able to visit us in a maximum group of up to 6 guests or with 1 other household.
All guests staying with us will need to wear a face covering in our public spaces (unless under the age of 11 or for medical reasons). Our public spaces include corridors, lounges, bars, restaurants and reception areas.
Check-in and check-out:
Check-in is at 3pm, when paying for your stay, we’ve moved our business to being cashless and would ask for payment via credit or debit card using contactless payment on arrival. We’ll be sorry to see you go but please vacate your room by 11am.
- We will be making the most of the Terrace and the Secret Garden to create more places for our guests to dine or enjoy a drink al fresco.
- We’ve added more choice to our room service menu which will give guests more in-room dining options to include tasty breakfast in bed options.
- Our afternoon tea will be back, please pre-book to avoid any disappointment.
- Our bar menu will be available 7 days a week in the Bubble Lounge, Tea Lounge and Secret Garden and will be served from 12pm – 9.00pm.
- The Gold Room will be open for dinner 7 nights a week and lunch on a Saturday and Sunday. To aid social distancing measures and to make sure we’re doing everything possible to protect our guests.
Our goal is to keep the true essence of our hotel and keep it a relaxed place to come and wind down whilst keeping peace of mind that we’re doing everything that we can to make it a safe place to stay.
Hotel Collingwood’s 6 safety steps
- Carrying out Risk Assessments & Staff Training.
- Adhering to Government Guidelines for physical distancing.
- Continuing with our stringent hygiene measures, including the use of sanitiser to clean all bedrooms between guests and public areas regularly.
- Providing hand sanitiser for staff & guests at every possible opportunity.
- Minimising contact between staff & guests at every possible opportunity.
- Face coverings/ Masks are required for guests in public spaces and for staff where physical distancing is not possible.
If you have any further questions about our safety measures, booking a table or room over the autumn, contact us.
1.0 FLEXIBLE BOOKINGS
To give our guests confidence to book, we have introduced flexible cancellation and modification terms to our various rates:
Best Available Rate
Cancel up to 48 hours prior to arrival. After this time, the booking will be non-refundable.
Advance Purchase Rate & Special Offers
This is a ‘Prepay & Save’ rate which allows you to change your stay date up to 48 hours prior to arrival. This rate is non-refundable.
Half Baord Rate
A deposit of £50 per person is payable at the time of booking, the remainder is payable on departure. This rate allows you to cancel or change up to 14 days prior to arrival, however, the deposit is non-refundable.
1.1 The Benefits of booking direct
Access to the above flexible cancellations terms
Online travel agents such as booking.com and Expedia will be subject to the agent’s own cancellations terms. By booking directly with us you can take full advantage of our new flexible policies.
Plus you also benefit from our additional perks or booking via our website or over the phone:
1.3 Additional peace of mind
Concerned about a second lockdown?
Our terms & conditions are clear. If we are required to temporarily close the hotel for any reason, your booking is safe. We will work with you to modify your stay dates to another time of your choosing, no matter which rate you booked on or how soon you were due to visit. If the new dates are on sale at a lower rate, we will refund the difference; and if they are at a higher rate, we will request you to make a top-up payment. Where new dates cannot be agreed, we will refund the full value of your cancelled stay.
We recommend you take out travel insurance prior to making a booking. Depending on the specific terms of your insurance this should cover you in the event of a cancellation after our free period has elapsed.
2.0 DURING YOUR STAY
We have implemented a range of new measures that will enable our team to deliver the excellent service and experience you would expect whilst adhering to guidelines to ensure the safety and comfort of our guests.
Complying with COVID-19 protocol, we ask that guests wear a face mask in public areas of the hotel to protect both themselves and others. Additionally, we request that guests dispose of their face coverings in the bins provided.
Our partner, Best Western, has created an informative video sharing their cleanliness and safety standards in more detail. Scroll down to learn more.
3.0 ENHANCED CLEANING PROGRAM & TEAM PROCEDURES
We have reviewed our standard procedures for team hygiene and daily cleaning procedures to meet new guidelines.
- All indoor areas such as entrance lobbies, corridors and staircases, elevators, meeting rooms, restaurants and back offices are cleaned with a disinfectant with 1% sodium hypochlorite or phenolic disinfectants twice daily.
- For metallic surfaces like door handles, security locks and keys, a 70% alcohol is used.
- Paper, envelopes and all equipment sanitized.
- Wipes for guest use are available to clean phones or credit cards.
- Sanitizers are provided at regular intervals throughout the public areas for team and guest use.
- Back office team members are facilitated to work from home wherever possible and socially distanced when on site.
- The kitchen brigade wears disposable masks, gloves and hairnets at all times.
- Extra checks and practices are in place to ensure the proper cleaning of food, tools and utensils.
- Regular training sessions are held to ensure all team members are operating under these new procedures and fully aware of upgraded hygiene standards.
- All employee temperatures are checked prior to commencing a shift.