Our Promise To You
As the owners of a small individual hotel, we are personally committed to the health and wellbeing of our guests and our team and we want to reassure you of the diligence of our approach.
Hotel Collingwood has always upheld the most thorough levels of housekeeping and our housekeeping team are committed to the highest cleanliness standards. Since Coronavirus COVID-19 began impacting on all of our lives, we have rolled out a detailed programme for cleaning systems to each and every member of the team, both front and back of house, indoors and out.
Before we re-open we will deliver a new cleaning training programme to every team member at the hotel which will be updated and refreshed on a daily basis at team briefings to ensure that our ongoing commitment to hygiene remains the top priority for both the team and our guests. We will ensure that any changes and official guidance on the management of the COVID-19 public health risk are communicated immediately.
In the face of this challenge, we have introduced more frequent cleaning intervals, reviewed all cleaning products for effectiveness against Coronavirus and ensured that all cleaning processes take into consideration chemical contact times to ensure effective protection of this health risk.
We have reviewed and adjusted our operating processes in every department, both front and back of house, to ensure that we have minimised the opportunity for cross-contamination of individuals – our guests, our team and suppliers. This will inevitably affect some of the services and personal interactions which have occurred in the past and whilst this may limit some of the things we have previously done, we are certain that both our guests and team will agree that safety comes first.
Ultimately the situation and official advice changes on a daily basis and we will continue to adapt our procedures accordingly. We remain committed to ensuring that our team stay safe whilst our guests enjoy their stay with. For more information on our operational framework please visit our Book With Confidence page.
Michelle, Eytan and the Collingwood Team
MONDAY 23 MARCH UPDATE
Dear Friends of the Collingwood.
In an effort to help slow down the spread of the COVID-19 virus, and in support of our precious NHS, we are temporarily closing Hotel Collingwood, until such times as it is safe to reopen.
Thank you so much for all your love and support, and for all of your heart-warming messages, it’s helping to keep our spirits up here in “Sunny Bournemouth”. It certainly is strange not seeing all your familiar faces around on a regular basis, as many of you have become our friends. We are all thinking of you too, during this time of uncertainty and sending you our love.
Thanks to the government support, announced on 20th March, we are delighted to be able to retain all our staff. I would like to take this opportunity to thank the “best team ever”, for their incredible support, loyalty, hard work and courage, as they face their own difficulties and challenges at this time. Many of our team are very young and far away from their families. We will come through this together, supporting each other as well always do.
We will also be taking time to get the paintbrushes out, a large spring clean, and time for planning new concepts, so you can experience a refreshed, reset and ready to go hotel and team.
Our reservation teams will continue to work and will be happy to take reservations dated from Monday 22nd June onwards with a flexible booking plan. Whilst none of us have any idea how long this will be for, we are working on the assumption of 12 weeks. We promise to keep in regular contact with you and as soon as we have a clearer picture you will hear from us. So, if you are thinking of booking a summer holiday in Sunny Bournemouth, we are offering great rates and fresh air, sun, sea and sand.
Please stay in touch with us and follow us on social media. We are on the phone if you have any questions about bookings.
Most importantly stay well and we hope to see you all very soon.
Kindest Regards from Michelle, Eytan and the Collingwood Team.
MONDAY 16 MARCH ANNOUNCEMENT
Dear Friends of Hotel Collingwood,
As the owners of a small individual hotel, we are personally committed to the health and wellbeing of our guests and our team and we want to reassure you of the diligence of our approach. We are experienced in infection control due to our background as Care Home owners, and we are closely monitoring the daily changing Government guidelines and following their instructions accordingly. Here’s what we are doing to ensure we can protect you as much as possible:
- If you are not feeling great, we ask that you to postpone your visit with us until you’re feeling better. Your booking will not be lost.
- Upon arrival, our teams will let you know about our hygiene facilities that are on hand throughout your stay.
- We will always extend a warm welcome to arriving guests, but for the time being this welcome won’t be accompanied by a handshake or any other physical contact.
- We ask for your help in washing your hands thoroughly as often as possible. Every single member of our team has committed to washing their hands thoroughly when required and at least every hour.
- We are cleaning and sanitising all touched surfaces i.e. door handles, cloakrooms etc. regularly throughout the day.
- Our new restaurant, The Gold Room, has just had an elegant makeover, we have taken the decision to seat people at a suitable distance from each other so you can relax, relate and communicate.
- We are taking the temperature of every employee before entering the building and starting work. We will continue to monitor their health closely. Any team member that presents symptoms, however mild, will not be entering the hotels for 7 days, we have increased our support to them via their sick-pay benefit.
- Team members will observe the 2-metre distance rule from guests and colleagues as much as possible, as recommended by the government.
- In the interest of food hygiene, all breakfast items will be served from the kitchen, directly to your table.
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
We want to help as much as we can so we have changed our cancellation policy it now stands at 24 hours, if you do fall ill and need to cancel your visit within the 24 hour period we will move your booking to a more appropriate time in the interest of being more flexible during this period.
This is not an easy time for anyone, it is a dynamic situation and will continue to evolve. For now, it is very much business as usual and as you know we are small, in the very scenic “Sunny Bournemouth”, where you can get some good fresh air and in a real haven away.
We look forward to seeing you all soon and in the meantime, stay happy and healthy.
Michelle & Eytan